· Australia had been eradicated within the group stage in 4 of their 5 World Cup appearances. The one exception was when Guus Hiddink guided the Socceroos to the spherical of final 16 in 2006 (misplaced 1-0 in opposition to Italy to a Ninety fifth-minute penalty scored by Francesco Totti).
· Australia misplaced 4-1 in opposition to France of their opening sport of the 2022 World Cup, regardless of taking a ninth-minute lead by Craig Goodwin. It was the fifth time in six World Cup appearances the Socceroos misplaced their opening match.
· Australia misplaced six of their final seven World Cup matches (W0-D1-L6), solely avoiding defeat in that run in a 1-1 draw versus Denmark in Samara within the 2018 group stage.
· Australia received two of their 17 World Cup fixtures (W2-D4-L11): 3-1 in opposition to Japan within the 2006 group stage (opening spherical of group video games) and 2-1 versus Serbia within the 2010 group stage (remaining spherical of group video games).
· Australia stored just one clear sheet of their 17 World Cup video games, in a 0-0 draw versus Chile within the 1974 group stage.
· The gamers to take advantage of World Cup appearances for Australia are Tim Cahill and Mark Bresciano (each 9). Two gamers have an opportunity to equal that tally within the group stage: Mathew Ryan and Mathew Leckie (each at the moment on seven).
· No participant below the age of 26 has scored a World Cup aim for Australia. The Socceroos have 10 outfielders aged below 26 of their present squad, together with Garang Kuol who at age 18 years and 68 days outdated in opposition to France grew to become the youngest participant to make a World Cup look for Australia.
· Craig Goodwin has scored in every of his final 4 appearances for membership and nation. His aim in opposition to France adopted netting in three successive A-League video games for Adelaide United.
· Aaron Mooy, Mitchell Duke and Jackson Irvine are one yellow card away from a suspension.
Courtesy of Gracenote