· Cameroon have solely a 4% probability of progressing to the spherical of final 16, the bottom of all 32 groups after the primary matchround.
· Cameroon have made it previous the group stage as soon as of their earlier seven World Cup appearances. They reached the quarter-finals in 1990, the primary time an African nation reached that stage on the match. Their achievement was later matched by Senegal (2002) and Ghana (2010).
· Cameroon have misplaced every of their final eight World Cup matches, since a 1-0 victory towards Saudi Arabia on the 2002 World Cup (objective by Samuel Eto’o). Present supervisor Rigobert Track was Cameroon’s captain in that match.
· Cameroon (8) can equal the World Cup file for many successive World Cup defeats, set by Mexico who misplaced every of their first 9 World Cup matches between 1930 and 1958.
· Cameroon haven’t scored a couple of objective of their final 15 World Cup matches, since drawing 2-2 with Sweden in 1994. That is the second longest streak of matches with out a number of objectives scored in World Cup historical past, after Uruguay failed to attain a couple of objective in 18 successive World Cup fixtures from 1970 to 2002.
· A complete of 10 gamers have scored for Cameroon on the World Cup. Of Cameroon’s present squad, no participant has netted on the World Cup.
· Simon Ngapandouetnbu is the one uncapped participant within the Cameroon squad.
· Souaibou Marou (Cotonsport Garoua) and Jerome Ngom (Colombe Sportive) are the one gamers within the present squad to play their membership soccer in Cameroon.
· Collins Fai might be suspended if booked.
Courtesy of Gracenote