Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 277th day, we check out the primary developments.
Right here is the scenario because it stands on Sunday, November 27:
- The Dnipropetrovsk area was hit by 5 Russian assaults from a number of rocket launchers and heavy artillery, stated Governor Valentyn Reznichenko. A number of homes and different buildings have been destroyed, however there have been no reported casualties.
- At the least 32 folks within the southern Ukrainian area of Kherson have been killed by Russian shelling since pro-Moscow forces pulled out two weeks in the past, the pinnacle of Ukraine’s police stated.
- Fleeing shelling, civilians streamed out of the southern Ukrainian metropolis of Kherson, which was recaptured weeks in the past.
- Chilly climate is slowing army exercise on the entrance line, reported the Institute for the Examine of Struggle think-tank.
- Ukraine accused the Kremlin of reviving the “genocidal” techniques of Josef Stalin as Kyiv commemorated a Soviet-era famine that killed hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians within the winter of 1932-33.
- Heavy snowfall was anticipated within the capital, Kyiv, with temperatures dropping beneath freezing day and night time. Thousands and thousands of individuals in and across the Ukrainian capital stay with little electrical energy and warmth.
- Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko stated greater than 3,000 specialists for an area utility continued to work “across the clock” and succeeded in restoring warmth to greater than 90 % of residential buildings.
- Whereas about one-quarter of Kyiv residents remained with out electrical energy, Klitschko stated water providers had returned to all within the metropolis.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy hosted a summit in Kyiv with allied nations to launch a plan to export $150m value of grain to international locations most susceptible to famine and drought.
- Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal stated Ukraine — regardless of its personal monetary straits — has $24m to purchase corn for international locations together with Yemen, Sudan, Kenya and Nigeria.
- Final yr, Ukraine and Russia offered about 30 % of the world’s exported wheat and barley, 20 % of its corn, and greater than 50 % of its sunflower oil.
- Zelenskyy stated the value for Russian seaborne oil needs to be capped at between $30 and $40 per barrel, decrease than the extent G7 nations have proposed.